Terms and Conditions
1. A Credit Card is Required to Reserve an Appointment: A valid credit card number will be required to schedule a package service. This card will not be charged without the express consent of the cardholder, except as addressed under Item 2 - Terms.
2. Terms: Updated Payment Policy/ Late Payment Policy/ Credit Card Convenience Fee: All invoices should be paid by check payable to Potomac Pool Service, Inc.. All invoices will be due upon completion of any service, repair or maintenance via payment by check. For seasonal maintenance contracts, all monthly payment invoices are due by the 1st of the month during which service will be rendered. As an alternative for your convenience, and in order to avoid late fees, payment by credit card will be utilized as a secondary payment option. By agreeing to these terms you agree that Potomac Pool Service, Inc. is authorized to charge your MasterCard/Visa/American Express/Discover account for any charges not paid on the date of the invoice, plus a 3% convenience fee for use of credit card.
3. Finance Charges/Cessation of Service: If a credit card charge is denied by the creditor, or a check is not received by the invoice due date, all service will cease at the discretion of Potomac Pool Service, Inc, and finance charges may be made, at the discretion of Potomac Pool Service, inc., on any balances past due according to the following method: (a) Using the unpaid balance of your account, we multiply this amount by the following monthly periodic rate 1.875% of the balance, which is an annual percentage rate of 22.5%.
4. Collection Costs: If a balance is referred to a collection agency or attorney for collection, you agree to pay an additional fee of 33 1/3% of the total balance due plus any court costs.
5. Irregular Payment or Delay in Enforcement: Acceptance of late payments or partial payments, checks or money orders marked "payment in full" or other statements indicating settlement of your account will not affect any of our rights under this agreement. Further, any delay on our part in enforcing our rights under this agreement will not affect those rights.
6. Changes or Amendments: Changes to this agreement, including finance charges and the annual percentage rate can be made by us as well as amendments to this agreement, at any time, provided we give you 30 days notice before the beginning of the billing period in which the change or amendment becomes effective.
7. Cancellation: Either you or we can cancel your account any time by providing 30 days notice. You agree to remain responsible for total payment for all purchases made prior to the expiration of the 30 days notice. We reserve the right to cancel your account without notice if you do not make payment as agreed.
8. Liability: We are not responsible for any damage or loss caused by failure to make delivery or repair due to labor shortage, strikes, manufacturer's failure to delivery or any condition beyond our control. In the event of non-payment, and we do not deliver or repair as a result of non-payment, we will not be liable for any damages in either a direct or indirect manner.
Spring Open and Cover Removal
The removal of covers will include hosing off debris and immediate folding for storage on the owner's premises. We cannot assume any responsibility for the tearing of any covers either due to winter damage or normal removal procedures.
Pool pumped out and acid washed. Stains or discoloration not removed by an application of full strength acid will be considered part of the pool coating and will not be the responsibility of Potomac Pool Service, Inc.. Potomac Pool Service, Inc. shall additionally open the pressure relief valves for hydrostatic water as the lowering of the water and the removal of debris permits, but shall not be responsible for pool movement due to ground water conditions. Customer shall provide for the dumping of debris and leaves within a reasonable distance of the pool. If permits or special pumping conditions are required, an additional charge will be made. The quoted prices are for a maximum discharge rate of 360 G.P.M. within 200 feet of the deep end of the pool. Acid washing of plaster surfaces will cause mild etching of the plaster. We do not recommend acid washing in general for plaster; however, it is the only method to remove stains. All work will be performed in a professional manner, but there is no guarantee on any change in the appearance or physical characteristics of the plaster.